Friday, April 25, 2008
Germ Drama
Hi everyone! It has been quite some time since I have blogged. I have been slammed at work and preoccupied with other things on my mind so every time I think about blogging I do something else. So here I am. I am going to write about a story that happened yesterday at work. You all know I am a complete germaphobe. It is a Wonder I work in special education at all! This incident did not feed into getting over my fears in the least! Here is what happened. I decided I would take my student to a late lunch yesterday afternoon. She wanted to go to this sandwich place that all my coworkers always say is so good and that is always really busy. I agreed that we should try it. So we got in and looked at the menu and we ordered as normal. We sat down at a table near the kitchen and I could see back into it. All the sudden a guy back there cut part of his finger off and the girl is on the phone holding his hand for him and calling 911. So I am sitting there observing this. I know first aide but there was no reason to cut in at this point because they were doing just fine. Also the fire department got there shortly. Here is the disturbing part though. The lady that was making my sandwich went and hugged and helped the guy with the cut hand and changed the paper towel to his ice bag and then did not change her gloves before she made my sandwich. Talk about health hazard!!!!!!!!! So you all probably think I freaked out but you can asked my student and she will say I remained perfectly calm. I even took the sandwich and waited to return it until after the chaos was over. I was, however, completely disgusted! How in the heck do you not know that you should change your gloves after dealing with blood? Isn't that the number one rule? It is like the golden rule of being sanitary! Sheesh! So I told my student that we had enough drama for the day. She answered by saying that she had not had any other drama that day. I said "well isn't this enough?" She thought that was pretty funny. Hopefully this won't taint my idea of eating out. I already have trouble with it and yes I know what goes on in places but I still do it because cooking and cleaning on my tight schedule for 1 1/2 people seems so much more laborous. This will all be solved when I am rich and famous!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is nasty. I don't think I would eat out anymore if I witnessed such. Where her gloves bloody when she made your sandwich? Ewwww!
Post a Comment