This past Mother's day weekend was different than any I have ever had. I found this camp in the Santa Cruz mountains and every year they do a Mother Daughter weekend for Mother's Day. It is affordable and sounded like a good opportunity for me to be able to take Emma camping alone so I signed us right up. It was such a cool place. Check-in was on Friday and we got all of our stuff into our cabin and met some of the people in our cabin. Emma made fast friends with a little girl named Ella and ended up spending the whoel weekend with her. It was so cute to see them together. That evening we went to the campfire where the staff was pretty funny. We had s'mores and then went to the game room to play some games but ended up back in the cabin playing Uno with Ella. That night we got little to no sleep because one of the mom's in our cabin snored something awful. I have never heard such harsh snoring. The girls were even scared. So the next day I had a pretty crabby Emma on my hands but we had a good time with the activities. We did the mole hole which is a huge black tunnel down a big hill that you ride a sled in. It was lots of fun. We did archery and that was neat cause Emma has been watching the Disney movie Robin Hood. We tie died a very cool shirt. We both did rock climbing and made it to the top! That afternoon the Counselors took the girls to make a Mother's Day present and us mom's got to go rest, read, or hike. It was a couple hours of peace that we loved! After that we came and got our gifts. Emma was so proud. She loves me so much. I am so incredibly lucky. Then we had an ice cream social! After that it was more activities even though we were getting pretty tired. We wanted to fit it all in. We went to the nature center and held a snake. Then went swimming. After a really fast shower Emma spent a long time at the arts n' crafts cabin to make some cool things like a wand and hat and things to that extent. After dinner we finally had some time to just be in the cabin and read. Emma played with her buddy Ella and they went to see the girls next door. That night the campfire was pretty good cause it was all the cabins doing performances. It was fun. Emma's group danced randomly, haha. We were all new so were not sure what to do. After that as if we were not tired enough we went back to the dining hall for cookies and milk. Back at the cabin it was pure exhaustion but still up all night with the snoring. Ugh. The next day after breakfast we did wacky Olympics. It was fun. There was face painting and crazy relay races and limbo. My favorite part of it was that Emma had to guide me blindfolded on a trust walk. It was so precious how careful she was with me. You would think in my profession and with my training I would be used to it with a blindfold but not with her leading me, haha. After that there was more activity time and we did the zip line. It was neat but I want to go on a bigger one soon. After that there was a BBQ and time to go home. It was a really fun weekend and I can't wait to do it again next year. I think it might become a yearly tradition. If any of you mothers want to join us let me know cause it would be cool to have people we know there. Pictures to come soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You should definately post pictures. That sounds really fun. Maybe Nicky and I should come do it next year.
There was a man staying with his wife in the shared room I had at the hospital when Andy was born. He snored like he was a chainsaw. I didn't sleep the whole night. Awful and embarrasing for the person that snores.
Post a Comment