Friday, May 30, 2008

My big girl is 6!!!!!



We had a family pizza party for Emma Friday night on her actual birthday!
Yes that's right my baby is getting big! In fact she recently grew a couple inches (44 now) and is no longer a baby ( will always be my baby). She turned 6 years old Friday night at 8:31pm and every year as this day comes along I use it to reflect on my little angel. I am so thankful for everything she has brought to my life. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of how lucky I am. I will never forget the day she was born. It truly is a miracle bringing a little life into this world. The whole room of visitors (thanks mom) was moved to tears when Emma appeared. She was a precious 5.3 lb. perfect "little peanut" who made it known with her voice that she had arrived in the world all feisty and ready to do big things. Getting to know her the past 6 years have been so wonderful and amazing. She has the sweetest spirit and yet is still a little fireball. She is so loving, caring, and fair. She always strives to do what is right and help other people but makes her opinion known. She is a little social butterfly and needs to be around people. She loves animals and thrives in their presence. She is the first one to lend a helping hand and the first one to get excited to go have some fun. She is creative and smart and never gets bored because her mind is always running. She will cry with you and laugh with you as needed. She reminds me of the most important lessons in life on a daily basis. She is my best friend and my daughter. She is truly a special girl and I love her so much. Happy birthday my big girl!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

She is so cute. It is funny how Nicky is similiar in many ways to Emma. They are like little kindred spirits.