Thursday, November 27, 2008
1 Year and Thanks
It has been about a year since I started this blog. While I blog in my head all the time, I typically don't ever feel like writing it out anymore. So sorry for the lack of current text. My other excuse is that my computer crashed this time permanently and so the ancient computer I am now forced to use takes 10 minutes, literally, to do anything like get to a web page. In addition, I know blogs are much more interesting with pictures and that is kind of the whole point (a digital scrapbook or journal of events)and I don't have any program on here to get my pictures yet. Yeah yeah, I am computer illiterate. Even though I have missed posting Halloween and Emma's music performance I will revisit that when I get my pictures up and running but I wanted to post tonight since it has been a whole year. Man a year goes fast! Thanksgiving was a nice gathering this year. It is always nice to see family and friends. Emma had good behavior and since the chaos was minimal this year it was pretty relaxing. I cooked even less this year than in past years. I only made green beans with onions and peppers and that was the extent of my culinary delights this time around. Thank you mom and dad for putting a nice dinner on every year. It was all very good. We had a ColdStone pumpkin pie this year and it was different to have an ice cream pie but it was delicious and I loved it. Things I am especially thankful for this year... I am thankful for technology and computers with the Internet to be more specific. Although I am not very good at these things and mine is broken I still don't know what I would do without it. I am also thankful for modern medicine. Once again even though doctors can't ever find out or cure what is wrong with me and it is always a hassle I still am very glad that they save so many lives and can prescribe medication when needed, at least if they can find out what is needed. So although there are a host of other things I am thankful for I will leave it at that for tonight. I like Thanksgiving because it is a simple holiday and about family and being appreciative. It is not as commercialized as other times and this year especially in the economy we are in we are so fortunate to have what we do no matter how small it may seem compared to other people. I am happy and that is what counts. Happy 1 year of blogging and I hope you all had a very sweet and simple Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, I can't believe it has been a year. Congrats. I like your blog with or without pictures. The pumpkin cold stone pie sounds really YUMMY. Wish we could have been there.
Post a Comment