Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Christmas Events
This year we did so many fun things as usual. I really wish I could post pictures for you all to see as I took a ton of us but alas if you want to see you will have to visit in person. Here is a rundown of the fun times. It all started the day after Thanksgiving with the annual tree lighting in Danville. They shut-down the cute downtown area and after they light the tree there are refreshments and carolers all around on the streets. It has become a tradition for Emma and I but nothing will ever compare to the first year when she was there dancing and everyone thought she was the hit of the party. Next Emma had a girl scout holiday activity with several troops. Another day we went to an event in our city and made all kinds of Christmas crafts and saw Santa and sang music. Emma was in her school holiday music performances and they sang three cute Christmas songs. She absolutely loves to sing. This year I finally was able to get a real tree which is what I have missed the past few years. Emma was so excited that she exclaimed "This is the best Chritmas ever getting a real tree!" We went to see tons and tons of creches from all around the world. I had seen them before but it was just as cool this time. I am fascinated by that stuff. We went to a ginger bread house decorating party that Emma was invited to. Emma sang carols to the residents at an assisted living home. Emma stayed at an after school activity and made a graham cracker house. We attended Anthony's Christmas program. We went to a book reading about Jesus and Santa greeting at a bookstore. We went to my favorite Drive-thru Nativity play as usual. It is so neat because they play each scene on your radio as you drive to each part three cars at a time. There are live animals and all. They were so good to do it this year as it was raining and cold. I was disappointed because for some reason the last scene didn't work this time. Emma had her first ever sleepover and I let them decorate more graham cracker houses. We went to see the temple lights and saw the awesome art that is on the traveling exhibit. I was so proud of Emma as she was quiet, answered the questions, and did not touch anything. This is a VERY difficult task for someone with adhd and I know it took everything she had to do such a wonderful job with her behavior that night. We also went to Fenton's and ate the best ice cream ever. I had a small party with the people that work in my department at my office and we did a gift exchange with $5 gifts. It works great and I ended up with a key chain flashlight that your turn instead of using batteries. How cool! Then I had my whole bigger work party at the district office and only could stay for part (reason to come) but ended up with a movie gift card from that gift exchange. Woohoo. Emma missed her party because the school called me and said she was sick. Well I came home and no she was not sick at all and this is like the sixth time it has happened this year they called me and she was not actually sick! Maybe the over stimulation of the chaos is too much for her with everything she already deals with? Well that is a whole other post though.There was lots of shopping, wrapping, and some goodies made and delivered in between all this. Not to mention presents to teachers and the like. Christmas stories were read and movies were watched. I took Anthony shopping while Emma was in childcare and made some special holiday "poop" gag gifts with him. I always like the church program the Sunday before Christmas and it was cool that there was a bell choir there this year. Finally we come to Christmas eve. We went roller skating cause it was a reduced rate. Emma ran into a few buddies there as we seem to a lot of places. We had appetizers with my family that night. Then we went to this cool house you walk through the yard to see the displays. We then had ice cream cake. That night Emma got her traditional PJ's, ornament, book, and stuffed animal. Christmas morning her face was bright and happy. She was just as excited to give me what she made as she was to open her own gifts. She made out very well with her Christmas loot which would need a separate post but her favorite and most wanted item was what she calls "stylish pup." It is a stuffed dog wearing a jacket and jewlery all decked out. Santa really splurged on that as it ws the main item she really wanted. We made rice crispy treats to give out that night to the family from Emma. Oh, I got a new blender to make smoothies or orange julias and a toaster oven. For the sibling gift exchange I got a book gift certificate. I think I got some cool things! That evening we were at my parent's again for dinner and then went to see the usual lights in Livermore. Phew all done. It was a whirlwind Christmas but all in all it was fun and special and we enjoyed everything we did. I felt like I was able to again emphasize the true meaning of the season and it was a good feeling. So once again if you want to see all of our fun pictures come visit. Another thing we did this holiday is get our picture taken together. I was being frugal as always and got a good cheap deal but I sure paid for it in time that night! Oh, and I totally apologize for not sending any cards out this year. I like to put photos with them and I just ran out of time. Sorry! I literally could not do one more thing. This stuff already kept me up all night the whole month. I hope you and yours had a spectacular holiday as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun filled holiday season! Hope it was a great one!
Can we get a copy of your picture? I don't think we have any updated pics of you guys. You are always so good about doing a lot of fun things with Emma. YOu are a good example to me.
Post a Comment