
I love my nephew. He is the cutest little guy. I often don't get to spend time with him alone but when I do he makes me laugh and it is cool to watch him grow up. I like being the Aunt and not the mom that has to deal with all the other parenting stuff. Mostly it is fun to watch him and Emma hang out. They are such cute buddies when they are happy with each other and fight like siblings when they get on each other's nerves. He came over and let Emma dress him in her fancy dresses (for the second time in a few weeks). Boys would never do this on their own. Then when he used my bathroom with a few mishaps, as boys always do, I remembered how different it was to have a little boy compared to a girl. I wanted a little girl from the moment I knew I was pregnant. Yeah sure I would have loved a boy all the same, but I did prefer to have a girl. Especially as a single mother I thought it was best all around. I have worked with hundreds, if not thousands, of children and I can definitely say I understand girls a little better. I would not mind having a little boy in the future but for now I am happy with my make-up loving, jewelery loving, animal loving, in the mud kind of girl. We really are best friends and have so much fun with each other. And I'm happy I have a nephew I can be the Aunt to and get my boy fix. Although I could definitely have 10 boys if they were like him, as he is not your typical obnoxious boy. Then again Emma is not your typical girl, haha. I guess that throws my whole post and theory out the window. Either way they are cute kids and I am glad I get to spend time with both of them in different ways. Here is a picture of Anthony in a beautiful dress (on backwards).
1 comment:
That is a cute picture. Andy dresses as a princess from time to time. Freaks Jeff out.
Post a Comment