Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Left in the dust in slow motion





I keep having this reoccurring vision in my head. I am running trying to keep up with Emma through a dusty area (like a baseball field) and all of the sudden it changes to slow motion as I stumble and fall to the ground in a puff of dust and Emma leaves me behind not noticing my fall and she is off running ahead with her friends. Still in slow motion I am calling EMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAA and reaching out but they are too far away and I can't keep up. That is where my vision ends. Lately Emma has been becoming an older girl. She is no longer little kiddish. She is definitely an elementary aged child now and you can very much tell by looking at her. She is filling out all of her clothes and has a very mature look about her. She also talks and acts much older. I am not so much sad about her getting older just more shocked and confused because I am not sure how all this time is escaping. I think that is the symbolism of my vision and why I keep having it. Time is getting away from us and like with most things lately in my life, I can't keep up. Years just keep going by. Please Emma, don't leave me in the dust. Take me with you.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It really goes so fast. I feel panic when it hits me that the kids don't stay the same for long.