Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy things in gloomy weather

Typically I am not a huge fan of spring. I mean I like it enough but out of all the seasons I think it is my least favorite. It is always so rainy and gloomy and there is not a whole lot to look forward to this time of year. It is hard to work outside during this season but my job requires it (thank goodness I live in Cali!). I don't like daylight savings and it is creeping up on us in a few weeks. On top of it this is when most people are getting the flu, stomach bugs, and other bad illnesses. However there are a few things that make this time of year all completely worth it. The first can be summed up in one word... DAFFODILS! Many of you may know my fondness for this perfect yellow flower. I get all childlike and excited when I see them on the side of the road or walking into the store. I am not sure where this love comes from but it is there and brings me much joy. Next up are the pink blossoms on trees. I am in my car driving most of the day and everywhere I go I see beautiful pink spring blossoms. Blossoms are pretty enough alone but when they are pink they are awesome. When summer comes they will have faded and it won't be until Fall that we see beautiful colors again. Another thing are the rainbows. I love driving home and seeing a beautiful rainbow stretched out over the green hills (will turn brown by summer). There is something very magical about rainbows. Maybe one day I'll get to the end and find a pot of gold. Hey, a girl can wish. :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

They have some awesome purple flowers that crop up here in February and March. It's the only time and they are gorgeous. I'm with you on the rain and gloom, no good. You need to move to S.D.

myspoileddogs said...

Daffodils are my favorite flower!!