
This is Emma and her old good friend Kassadi from preschool and her good friend Amber who is in her class now.
I have been easing Emma into the idea of going to a new school next year. (As you can imagine it is NOT pretty a picture with screaming and yelling that she WILL NOT go to a new school.)Today on the way home from church she told me that she asked a little girl what school she went to and it was her new school. I asked her if she'd like me to find out who her parents are and see if I could set-up some play time but Emma said no she was more of a friend just to see at church and not really play with. So I discussed that she already knew her good friend Jaquie from our complex that goes to her new school and she could see her at recess even if not in the same class. Then I told her she would be able to make new friends and keep her old friends even though she would not see the old ones at school. She somewhat agreed (yes miracles do happen) and then I taught her the song "Make new friends but keep the old" and she has been singing it over and over and... you get the idea. I think it is time to teach her a new friendship song.
1 comment:
Emma is so cute and fun I'm sure she'll make new friends quickly. It probably just feels scary for her to change schools for the first time.
Post a Comment