Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Unbirthday Birthday



Emma imitating her babyhood screaming and her cute face as she turned seven at 8:31tonight.
















Dear Emma,

Although we did not get to celebrate on your real birthday today (you are such a trooper and I promise we will celebrate tomorrow!) I still want to acknowledge this momentous occasion. It's been a rough year but it's had many fun and good times. Another year older means you are another year wiser and another year bigger. You are growing so fast. You were perfect to me when you were born and you are perfect now. Some things never change like your determination and the way you can scream. In other ways you have matured like your artistic abilities and your huge heart that keeps growing. You, my darling daughter, are the one thing that keeps me going. When things have me down and I feel like I can't take one more step or put up one more fight all I have to do is think of you and I can meet any challenge. It is because of you that I have the will to keep moving forward. You are the best thing that has ever entered my life. You are so proud to be the first grandchild of the family and grandma and grandpa are so happy you could claim that honored spot. The brightness of their faces and the exuberant hasty calls they made just moments after you entered the world showed how they were bursting with excitement that you were here. I would not want you to have anything but your firecracker personality. Your zest for life and excitement is unparalleled to anything I have ever seen. Your smile is contagious. It is impossible to be bored with your creative mind around. I know you will meet all of your extra challenges head on because you posses the strength that many do not. As you enter year number seven and continue to grow into a beautiful young girl I stand amazed at how perfectly wonderful you are just like the day you were born. Having you as a daughter has exceeded all of my highest expectations. Love you Weezy! Happy Birthday!

Love, Mom

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I just can't believe she is seven. I still remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. She is so cute. I hope she has a good birthday celebration. Wish we could be there.