Wednesday, July 30, 2008
He didn't have to be...
So you guys are going to think I am getting all sentimental on you after this and the last post but I guess I get like that sometimes. You all can tell what is on my mind. I guess it is the older Emma gets (and me too I am gonna be 30!) I think more about these things because she is growing up. I have never been a real country music fan, although I have been known to like a few songs here and there. Back in college, well before I had Emma, I ran into a song by Brad Paisley called "He didn't have to be." The song really touched my heart and I would listen to it from time to time and I kept it on my computer. After Emma's birth with no father this song had new meaning for me. Well tonight I was going through some boxes in my closet (yeah yeah finally organizing) and I ran into a book about that song. It has quotes and stories from kids that did not get dads until they were older and they were thanking them for all of their love and saying how great they are. It takes such an amazing person to take on instant kids and care for them as your own. The book pretty much brings me to tears because it gives me hope for Emma and I. Mostly we are ok on our own. We are happy and I could not ask for much of a better life but there is always that longing in the back of our minds to find a good man that will not only be a good husband but also a good father who not only accepts her but embraces her. I know it may never happen for us but this song and book still reminds me that although few and far between, there are still good ones out there. I am so thankful I have Emma and I am also so thankful for the guys that have given both of us the time of day. Ok ok I am done with this sappy stuff. At least for now. I will try to post something fun next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You made me get teary. I hope your dreams come true. I will keep praying for it.
Ahh, I hope you find someone someday. Sometimes I forget there are still nice guys out there too.
Post a Comment