Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sweet Girl


Emma is such a sweet girl. She has such a big heart and I often sit and wonder how I got so lucky to have a girl that is just so kind, compassionate, loving, and caring. Here are some things she has done or said to me that are my simple everyday reminders of the cutest little girl ever. I do love being a mom.

-The other night when she was sick I let her sleep in my bed and I slept out on the couch. In the middle of the night I heard her call for me "Mommy?" I asked her what she needed and she just responded with "Love you!"


-When she was about 2 1/2 I was walking somewhere with her in the stroller and we both fell down off some crazy drop-off and got scraped up. I knew she got hurt and was about to cry but before she said anything she first asked me if I was ok. It wasn't until she knew I was ok that she said she got an owie. Ok I don't know about you but every two year old I have ever known is a totally self centered but not my little girl she was more concerned with if I was hurt.


-Emma was in her dance class a couple years ago and in the middle of the routine she left the group and ran up to the window that all the parents were watching from and flashed me the sign language "I love you" symbol. It was the cutest thing ever and the other parents almost melted. Some of you may know she often does this at least 10 times a day. I do it to her too and we both bought each other necklaces with this symbol on it last Christmas.


-Back when she was just barely starting to talk at just over a year old, at night when I would put her to bed I would say " I love you" and she could not say all those words yet so she would say "I mama" Soon thereafter I would say "I Emma" randomly out in public.


-When Emma says her prayer she says things like "Thank you so much for my mommy that takes such good care of me and does fun things."


-A few weeks ago we were driving in the car and Emma said "I don't have a brother or a sister but I sure do have a great mom!"


-We have a secret (shhh I didn't say anything) hand squeezing system and three squeezes means "I Love you."


-When I tell Emma I love her she often responds with something like "Well I love you to Mars and back." Then I will say "I love you to mars and back a million times." And so on. Yes it sounds like a favorite children's book but I don't think she even remembers that one


-All the time I hear "I love you" throughout the day. One of the cutest ways she does it is she says "MOM!" and then again "MOM! MOM!" Finally I answer "What?" and then all kindly, simply, and sweetly she says "Love you!" and carries about her bussiness.


Ok I will stop going on and on. Talk about an ego booster! She is so sweet to me because these things happen very frequently! Either I am doing something right or she is naturally compassionate. I personally hope it is a combination of both. I was always under the impression that being a mother was a more thankless job (at least not direct thanks until kids were grown) but I feel like I am getting a pretty good deal. She often thanks me for lots of things and is very appreciative many times. I guess I should make sure and keep this post when she is a teenager! Haha.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Emma is such a sweet girl. We really need to get Grandma Karen to get some pets for these kids. Hahaha, I'm sure she would love that idea.