The good part is that nothing was major enough to cause a hospital visit. It all started Saturday night. Emma wanted to go swimming because we have had extra warm weather this week and it might be the last warm spell for swimming until next year so I said she could go. She had already been in the pool for a while when a nice family came to play and had a girl similar to Emma's age. So they started playing and while the kids played it got more and more dark. I was chatting with the mother and the kids were walking around the pool playing some alien game so the concrete all aroudn the pool was really wet at this point. I told them repeatedly to walk and they did listen. Still even with walking Emma managed to slip and I saw her but thought she had just jumped in the pool. She started crying and swam to the edge and of course I ran over to see what was wrong. I pulled her out and she showed me two places on her leg that were hurting from hitting them on the pavement. It was dark and there no bruises or cuts I could see. So when she finally stopped crying and wanted to play again I was glad that's all it was. We ended up staying at the pool talking much later than anticipated and when we finally got home to bathe her (and eat dinner at 8:30pm!!!) I noticed that the ankle was all scraped and pink and also there was a bruise on the back of her leg up top. I was surprised because I saw nothing in the dark outside. Now today the ankle looks a bit swollen too. Then good news is that it doesn't seem to hurt her and she has not complained so I don't think it is anything more than bad surface bruises and scrapes. Phew! We all know she does not need a third broken bone! Then there is me...Today I was trying to be the hero by rescuing Emma's beloved Ariel doll out of the dumpster which was accidently thrown away and hadn't realized until night time, and when I saw it and stuck my hand in to grab it I didn't realize it was surrounded by glass from a huge picture frame that had broken a while back and I got pretty cut up. It was stinging and bleeding so I ran home with Emma in tow and put three strawberry shortcake bandaides on it. Haha they are going to think it is funny at work but that's all I have. And yes aside from being a bit dirty Ariel is fine. So let's just hope there are no more injuries for a very long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ouch! You guys need to be careful. I have a huge bruise on my thigh, one of the biggest I've ever had. I cannot remember hurting myself. Nicky's legs are all scraped up from camping and jumping into rocks.
I'm glad you the strawberry shortcake were all that was needed. Broken glass, bruises and scrapes. What a weekend!
Post a Comment