Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Health
I have always been quite thankful for my health but until recently I never really appreciated it as much or realized how fragile it really is. I want to say it all started this summer. I was not feeling myself and I tried to discount it many times to other things. I could not figure out why I was never feeling good and I felt lazy like I was never getting anything done. Many of my friends suggested it was because I had just finished grad school, while working, being a single parent, doing an internship, and taking care of the home, and everything else. They said maybe my body just needed a break. I thought that could have some truth to it but I did not think it would make me feel bad to that extent of going from being "superwoman" to being able to accomplish nothing. I used to stay up all night during those two years to get everything done. I remember each Saturday night I would make it a point to clean the bathroom at midnight. It was just the way it was and I did what I felt I had to do. It wasn't easy but I was able to get it done and I felt ok. So I had a hard time believing it was just that my body was worn out. I guess I figured I was probably depressed living in Happyville alone. The only thing I could not figure out about that is I am not typically prone to depression so it didn't seem right to me. Since I had no other explanation I just left it at that. So now it is months later and I got so tired of feeling so bad and finally have somewhat gotten to the bottom of it. I am still struggling to figure it out and get better and am happy that I am not depressed and it is something else making me feel sick and tired. I just have new found appreciation for people that are really sick and have major health problems. It is no fun to deal with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, that is scary. I hope you get feeling better soon. I can't imagine how hard it is to be Emma's sole caretaker and do your work and everything else. I remember just with the new babies dragging myself into the doctor thinking I had cancer or some other ominous disease because I seriously felt like I would die. But sometimes you really can just drain yourself when you are not getting sleep. Good luck with that.
Post a Comment