Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Locks of Love





Ok so i can't figure out how to turn these pics around and I forgot to do it before taking them off my camera so here we are. When I have an extra minute I will do this. But until then you get the idea. Here is big girl Emma getting her first haircut at the age of 5 1/2! Haha no baby locks for her. It was funny because the certificate said "baby's first haircut." I guess this was a long time coming. Every time she went out in public people would say how beautiful her hair is. Around every corner it would be "mommy that girl is like Rapunzel" or "don't ever cut that perfect hair!" So you can see how she could feed into this. I was even scared and sad to do it but finally the daily work and care drove me to do a little convincing. The time had come so I showed her pictures of kids with no hair and told her she could give her hair to one of them. That got her right away. She is one of the most compassionate giving children I have ever known and if it was a matter of helping someone she was in! As you can see it turned out to be really cute. We are enjoying our new year with simple morning brushing and it couldn't be more welcomed. She got about 12 inches cut and it is still not very short. I think it is adorable but I still miss my little Shirley Temple baby and toddler. Those of you that knew her that young know she had the cutest curly cue hair! Now it is pretty straight with a bit of wave. I miss my young Emma but either way she is a cutie and good thing too! My little firecracker! I am so proud of the bigger girl she is becoming!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yeah, that is so sweet. I love the haircut too.